October 12, 2016|
Challenging the Psychology of Security: Welcoming Dan Ariely, Versus Keynote Speaker
We promised that Versus will be a new kind of security event. Today, I’m excited to deliver on that promise and announce our first keynote speaker: Dan Ariely. Three-time New York Times best-selling author and Duke University professor, Dan will share insights from his book Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions and bring his unique perspective as an expert in behavioral economics to the stage.
Named one of the 50 most influential thinkers in the world by Bloomberg, Dan Ariely is an innovator, academic maverick, and world renowned author. Dan will kick off Versus with a mind-blowing keynote on the psychology of security, discussing “Why do security teams make unpredictable, even irrational, decisions?” His unorthodox approach to understanding human behavior is a perfect match for the theme of Versus – ideas that challenge you and the status quo.
In his talk, Dan Ariely will challenge the basic assumptions of our economic system and explore the powerful tricks that our minds play on us, showing that actually, we humans are far from rational. As explored in his new book Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivation, due to release November 15th, Dan will discuss his approach to understanding human behavior and unconventional perspectives for a more secure and prosperous future.
We’ve prepared prepared an amazing lineup of guest speakers, along with Versus founding partner Illumio, on topics to help your team dig into serious challenges from security visionaries at Okta, Dropbox, Menlo Security, Skyhigh, Capital One, and more including:
- Adel Zahiry, Business Information Security Officer, NBC Universal
- Clara Shih, Author, CEO and Co-founder, Hearsay Social
- Cindy Cohn, Executive Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Daniel Rosenthal, Associate Managing Director, Kroll
- Patrick Heim, Chief Trust Officer, Dropbox
- Richard Seiersen, Author, VP of Trust / CISO, Twilio
- Nami Mufti, Director of IT, Capital One
- Alan Cohen, Chief Commercial Officer, Illumio
- Yousuf Khan, Vice President of IT, Pure Storage
- Amir Ben-Efraim, CEO and Co-founder, Menlo Security
- David Baker, Chief Security Officer, Okta
- Kate Conger, Security Reporter, TechCrunch
- David Corsano, Information Technology Director, Cisco
- Nick Bilogorskiy, Senior Director of Threat Operations, Cyphort
- Caroline Wong, Vice President, Security Strategy, Cobalt
We’ll have live entertainment, some comic relief, and a special surprise guest to keep things interesting and fun, so what are you waiting for? Register today!
And don’t forget to join the Versus conversation on social media using #Versus16. Live social media coverage will be shared on a variety of platforms including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Periscope, LinkedIn and Snapchat. Follow @VeraSecurity on Twitter.